Water Saving Information
The Greywater Guild is on the scene, a group of professionals banded together to ensure that the quality of their work remains at its highest.
Their goals include:
- Education of the public about the value and availability of greywater conservation.
- Promotion of the successful installation of the large number of simple sustainable greywater systems necessary to significantly reduce the amount of water drawn from local rivers and aquifers.
- Providing a means for the homeowner to maintain their landscapes through greywater irrigation instead of fresh water irrigation
- Encouragement of the use of simple sustainable systems that minimize environmental impact and maximize longevity.
- Providing sustainable livelihoods to environmentally concerned individuals and companies working toward water conservation.
You may learn more about them through their website: http://www.montereygreywater.com/ or call 831 373 6752.
Contact the Monterey Peninsula Water Management District for conservation classes and devices. Businesses get a discount, residents must do everything they can to conserve.
See Events & Education page for more details and locations.
CalAm offices and MPWMD offices both offer free water saving devices.
California American Water’s local office – 511 Forest Lodge Road, Suite 100, Pacific Grove, CA 93950
Monterey Peninsula Water Management District – 5 Harris Court, Monterey, CA 93940
- Kitchen faucet aerators
- Bathroom faucet aerators
- Hand-held showerheads
- Automatic shut-off hose nozzles (positive action or trigger nozzles)
- Hose timers
- Dye tablets
- Rain sensors for automatic irrigation systems
- Shower timers
- Soil moisture sensors
- Water wise gardening for Monterey County CD
- Rain gauges